When is it?
The next Student Orientation is: Friday September 20, 2013
9:30a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at the Burnaby Campus location.
As a new student at the college, we strongly encourage you to participate in the orientation program. We have designed this program to introduce you to all of the capabilities and facilities in the college.
When you have completed this orientation, you will be fully prepared to take full advantage of all the services we offer, understand your rights and responsibilities as a student, and know what you have a right to expect from us.
Alexander College Student Orientation FAQ’s
What is the Alexander College Student Orientation?
New Student Orientation is an afternoon long introduction to Alexander College. We will cover the services we offer, people you need to know and community which surrounds us. It is also a chance for new students to become acquainted with the campuses, and meet new friends. Attending Orientation will allow you to have a head start on the coming semester.
Who should attend?
Any student who is interested in the services offered by Alexander College or information in general is able to attend. Students who are new graduated from high school, transfer students and mature students are all able to attend. Returning students are encouraged to participate as well!
Why should I attend the Student Orientation?
Statistics have shown that students who attend school orientation come to class prepared to do well and reap the benefits of everything that Alexander College has to offer. The college life is very different from high school or working life. Student Orientation will provide you with the necessary tools to excel at a high level during your academic career.
Does Orientation cost me money?
Alexander College Student Orientation is FREE for all students (And there’s FREE FOOD!).
Is Alexander College Student Orientation mandatory?
Alexander College Student Orientation is mandatory for all new students to Alexander College. Student Orientation will help you with your transition and getting used to a different lifestyle.
Do I have to sign up before I attend orientation?
Alexander College wants to make your transition here as smooth as possible. All you have to do is show up. There will be an attendance sheet that will be passed around with each student expected to sign in once they are at the orientation.
Alexander College Checklist: “Must do’s” Before The First Day Of Class
1. Have you registered for at least one course by the registration deadline?
2. Have you verified your registration and fees and updated your mailing and email address?
3. Have you submitted your proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency (Canadian citizens) or your Study Permit, to your academic councilor?
4. Have you submitted your previous academic transcripts to your academic councilor?
5. Have you gotten your Alexander College ID card?
6. Have you activated your Alexander College AC Online account?
7. Have you obtained your compulsory medical insurance? (International students only).
8. Have you bought your textbooks?
9. Have you contacted the Student Services to learn about our many events, activities and services?
If you have answered Yes to all of the above you are now
ready to excel at Alexander College